Airlines nowadays understand the value of passenger satisfaction and make various reforms to keep them hooked. Qatar Airways has grown immensely into a standard air carrier by bringing such policies. For adaptive travel changes, they have framed passenger-oriented policies. In the following blog, we will give you all details to keep up with Qatar Airways changing flight policies.
What Are the Norms in Qatar Airways Changing Flight Policy?
- Passengers are allowed to change flight dates and destinations on Qatar Airways as long as the travel route of the aircraft remains the same.
- You are eligible to make any changes in the flight dates and destinations only if the bookings are made through the official website, app, or through contacting a customer representative.
- Travelers who have booked a flight via a third party are not eligible for date changes on tickets.
- The Qatar Airways flight change policy is applicable to all fare classes.
- The extra charges will be applicable as per the policy, and on rescheduling, you have to pay the difference in the ticket price.
- You can make changes to the flight date as many times as you request and pay the extra fare charges.
How to Change Qatar Airways Flight Date and Destination?
Change of travel plans can happen after booking a flight. You may feel like canceling the ticket, but on Qatar Airways, you get to change the flight date option. Qatar Airways permits passengers to reschedule the flight at a minimum extra fare. However, you cannot make date changes on bookings within three hours of departure. Here are the easy steps to changing a flight date on Qatar Airways.
- Firstly, visit the official website of Qatar Airways.
- Log into your Qatar Airways account.
- Select the “Manage Booking” tab. Your bookings will appear on the screen.
- Decide in which flight you want to make modifications.
- Fill out information such as their last name and booking reference number.
- Proceed by choosing the “Retrieve Booking” option.
- Select the reschedule option. Alternative Qatar Airways flights will be visible.
- Select “Confirm” to continue.
- Pay extra charges (if any).
- Updated bookings will be available for download.
Qatar Airways Flight Date Change: Extra Charges
Qatar airways’ change flight date price may vary according to the time of the request. The cost of changing flight date on Qatar airlines vary according to domestic and international flights. If a passenger is making changes to both inbound and outbound trips, the maximum charge of either side will be levied on each trip. However, passengers rescheduling their flight date within 24 hours of booking can make necessary changes free of cost.
For International Routes:
- If a passenger is making a date change in their reservations 96 hours before the departure of their flight, an extra fee of 200 USD per passenger per booking transaction will be applicable.
- Passengers have to pay 400 USD per passenger per booking transaction if they choose for Qatar Airways flight change between 96 to 24 hours prior to takeoff.
- In case of a date change on flights within 24 hours of departure full price of the ticket, including taxes, will be levied on the passenger.
For Domestic Routes:
- For all domestic routes, if a passenger select to make a change in flight date and reschedule to another date 96 hours prior to departure, they have to pay an extra charge of 100 USD per passenger per booking transaction.
- On the other hand, if a passenger is looking for Qatar Airways flight change within the time frame of 96 hours to 24 hours, 200 USD per passenger per booking transaction will be charged.
- However, according to Qatar Airways’ flight change policy, passengers rescheduling for flight change in less than 24 hours of departure will have to pay the total price of a new ticket and extra surcharges.
Frequently Asked Questions on Qatar Airways Changing Flight
According to the Qatar Airways flight change policy, the passengers are allowed to make change the flight date on the booking free of cost only if they process the request within 24 hours of booking.
You can easily edit the flight date on your Qatar Airways bookings online by logging into your account through the official website and choosing the “Manage Tab” section.
Yes, Qatar Airways allows flight date changes on domestic routes for all fare classes.
Read Other Airlines Policies