Nobody likes to cancel their plans to travel at the last moment. But some situations are not under our control, and many people cancel their plans to travel without their will. There are various airlines that acknowledge such situations for travelers and assist them with various cancellation policies. Such cancellation policies help people to have the least amount of losses through the cancellation process. Spirit Airlines cancellation policy also focuses on assisting various individuals in the process of canceling their bookings. This policy is flexible to ensure that no individual faces any extra losses during the process of cancellation.
What Are The Highlights of Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy?
- The passenger is liable to pay a certain amount if they cancel their ticket at the last minute.
- In case of cancellation due to bad weather by the Airline, no cancellation fee is applicable to the passenger.
- There is no cancellation fee applicable to the traveler if the cancellation is there within the initial 24 hours from booking and the scheduled departure is at least 7 days or more from the date of booking.
- If the cancellation is in raise after the ‘risk-free period,’ some charges might be applicable to the person.
- Passengers are subject to free accommodation by the airline if the flight is ‘cancel’ on the date of departure.
- For every ticket booked as non-refundable, there will be a certain cancellation fee after the risk-free period ends.
- For every standard ticket cancellation raised after the departure of the flight, the cancellation fee will be the whole value of the ticket.
Read more about:
As per Spirit Airlines Reservation cancellation policy, there are no cancellation fees under certain circumstances, such as:
- Theft of Passport
- Army or Court Orders
- Government Orders
- Sudden Demise in Family
Spirit Airlines added an update for cancellation due to Covid-19 under the ‘Spirit Airline cancellation policy,’ some significant rules are:
- There is no monetary refund available for cancellation due to Covid.
- For every canceled booking due to covid, the refund will be applicable in the form of Reservation Credits.
- Reservation Credits can only be in use for bookings with Spirit Airlines.
- These Reservation Credits are only valid for the initial 6 months from the date of departure of the canceled booking flight.
- For canceling a reservation due to covid, health documents are subject to evaluation.
What is Spirit Airlines 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
- 24 hours cancellation policy applies to every booking under the refundable or non-refundable category.
- There is no deduction of any kind under the cancellations within this policy.
- Under this policy, no amount is to be due by the customer if the cancellation is requested within the initial 24 hours from booking and the departure is at least 7 days or more from the date of booking.
- Travelers should always book refundable tickets as non-refundable tickets without this policy are not subject to a refund.
Refund Policy For Ticket Cancellation As Per Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
- It is better to cancel tickets online as the offline mode will charge an extra 10 USD in cancellation fees.
- Under this policy, passengers who book their tickets from unauthorized portals do not qualify for any type of refund.
- A full refund is applicable if the cancellation is there within the guidelines of the ‘24-hour cancellation policy.’
- For every booking done via credit card, the cancellation refund will be in process within 7 days.
- For bookings applicable with other modes than a credit card, the refund amount shall be under credit in the same mode of payment in under 20 days.
- In cancellations cases by the airline itself, travelers are not subject to paying any cancellation fee and will get compensation in various ways, such as a full refund.
- No cancellation charge might be there if the booking is in cancellation due to sudden death, health issues, or other personal emergencies.
What is the Spirit Airlines Cancellation Fee?
As per the ‘spirit airlines cancel the policy,’ the cancellation fee varies based on the different segments.
Standard Ticket Cancellation Fee
- For standard ticket bookings, no cancellation fee is applicable if the cancellation applies on the same day of booking.
- 90 USD is the standard ticket cancellation charge for online modes.
- Refund is there in the form of travel points which can be in use for future bookings.
- For every cancellation done by offline mode, there will be a staple charge of 100 USD as a cancellation fee.
Flex Ticket Cancellation Fee
- Similar charges like standard ticket cancellation are applicable for online & offline cancellations.
- A cancellation fee is to be there for every cancellation requested after the initial 24 hours from booking.
Award Ticket Cancellation Fee
- No cancellation fee is applicable if the cancellation is made on the same day as the booking.
- For every cancellation after the initial 24 hours from booking, a cancellation fee OF 110 USD is due.
- The refund amount is transferrable to the travel card.
Note: The rules and regulations are subject to change without any due notification to customers as per the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy.
Spirit Airlines offers compensation if a flight is in cancellation. The compensation policy works on the needs of the consumers. As a result, if a flight is canceled, Spirit will provide a new ticket or a full refund if the passenger requests one. They will not, however, be reimbursed if a flight is canceled for reasons beyond the airlines’ control.
Spirit Airlines also provides refunds for canceled flights. Moreover, customers may be applicable for credits in the form of compensation for canceled flights. Airlines can also provide a new ticket or a replacement flight. Customers can receive a full refund as per Spirit Airlines’ cancellation policy.
Do you want to explore more about Airlines?