How to play gears of war 4 on pc?
This guide will show you how to get the game on PC. The first step to gaming on a PC is to make sure you’re ready. If you want to enjoy what Xbox Play Anywhere has to offer (trust us, you do), you need to make sure you have the Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed on your PC.
It’s a pretty easy upgrade to install, and we’ll walk you through the entire process, so don’t be afraid.
- To get started, check out our guide to upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.
- Now that you’ve installed Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, it’s time to move on to the next step – buying the game. If you have an Xbox One and have already pre-ordered the game, don’t worry.
- All users who purchase Gears of War 4 on PC or Xbox One can play the game on the opposite platform at no additional cost. This means you can buy an Xbox One game and switch to a PC very quickly, allowing you to choose how and where you want to enjoy the story. Open the Windows Store app and search for Gears of War 4.
- Several publications will be presented. The Ultimate Edition gives you a few days of early access, so don’t worry if you can’t afford that right now. However, both versions provide you with access to Play Anywhere features.
- If you haven’t bought it yet, go ahead and do so. If you have purchased it, click the “Install” button and select the drive you want to install it on.
- After the game is installed, it remains only to wait for the release. When the game releases on October 7th for Ultimate Edition users or October 11th for regular users, you will be able to download the Windows Store and play without problems.
If you’re looking for more information on the latest instalment in the Gears of War series, be sure to check out our Gears of War 4 walkthrough for more information on collectables, guides and tips to help you survive and save you in The Swarm Friends of . . . .
After installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, it’s time to open the Windows Store app and find the game. Since Gears of War 4 is an Xbox Play Anywhere game, purchasing it from the Windows Store or the Xbox Live Store on Xbox One will unlock it for players on both platforms.
This will allow you to easily switch between platforms and pick up exactly where you left off without problems.
Once in the store, buy and install Gears of War 4. Wait for the download and then launch the game. Ensure you have installed and activated Windows 10 Anniversary Edition on your current computer. If you don’t have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, use the guide we linked above to learn how to download and install it so you can enjoy Xbox Play Anywhere games on your computer.
You also need to make sure your PC meets the robust PC requirements that Microsoft released a few weeks ago. In our Gears of War 4 walkthrough and guide, you can find this information. We’ll also have a detailed collection guide, boss strategy, and other info about the game over the next few days, so be sure to check back often for new content. Gears of War 4 is playable on Xbox One and PC.
To play on PC, you need to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. If you follow the steps above, you should have no problem installing Gears of War 4 on your PC, and it will be ready to use. Glad to see what this new chapter of Gears has to offer? So what are you waiting for?