Trade schools are also called vocational schools or career centers. These are the best substitute for students who cannot afford a four-year college yet want to become successful in their lives. Some of the excellent trade schools in San Diego offer different programs, duration of the course, and reasonable tuition fees.
- San Diego Medical College
This is a nursing assistant school approved by the California department of public health licensing and certification. The college provides a 22-day nursing assistant program, a home health aid program, EKG training, and more. The classes take place every Monday from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm. The school is authorized as the national nurse aid assessment program regional testing center testing site. All the teachers and professors are well experienced and have all the latest information regarding EMS, nursing, and rescue training theory as well as practically.
- Students must be of 16 years or above.
- They must have an ID and a copy of the physical exam with the TB test result.
Tuition fee- The fee for the nursing assistant program is $975 and in addition, the registration fee of $185 is all to be paid.
Courses that are provided:
- Nurse assistant program
- Home health aid program
- CPR first aid training
- EKG training
- Front-back office medical assistant
- Food handler certification
- Concorde Career College
This branch of Concorde’s San Diego provides health care programs in dental assisting, dental hygiene, medical assisting, nursing, and others. There are two types of programs offered diploma and associate degree programs. The duration of the program varies from 8-to 21 months depending upon the program. The college consists of huge classrooms, a learning center, labs, and a student center. In the list of trade schools in San Diego, Concorde career college is a little expensive, yet recognized by the commission of career schools and colleges.
- Needs proof of high school graduation by the student
- Selected students need to go through a personal interview and a campus tour.
The tuition fee for college varies from $15,765 to $85,165
Courses provided by the college
- Dental assistant
- Dental hygiene
- Medical assistant
- Physical therapist assistant
- Surgical technology
- Vocational nursing
- Center for Employment Training
Center for employment training offers job training programs depicted to prepare students for employment in high-demand industries. A goal is set by the center that training is based on learning by doing. Students can be graduated in 6-9 months. The center of training is presently licensed to managed by the bureau for private postsecondary education.
The does not have any academic requirements for admission.
CET checks CASAS ESC appraisal to ascertain baseline regarding reading and math proficiency.
Tuition fee- The fee for the welding fabrication program is $14500
The cost for a medical assistant and green building construction skills program is $14,249.
- Green building construction skill program
- Medical assistant
- Western truck school
Those who want to obtain a career in the trucking industry can join the western truck school. Considered one of the best trade schools in San Diego. This school provides preparation for the commercial driver’s license exam. They use advanced technology and late-model equipment
- One must be of 18 years and above to pursue a class A commercial driver’s license, yet you can travel outside California once you are over 21 years of age.
- All the students must have a copy of their current license, social security card, and proof of higher education.
- Potential students also need to obtain a copy of their H6 and will be asked to complete a department of transportation physical and drug screening before joining the program.
Courses offered by the school
- Class A commercial driver program
- Class A commercial driver extended program
- Class B/P combined commercial driver program
- Class A advanced commercial driver program
- Class A master commercial driver program
- Forklift program
- Class P passenger commercial driver program
- San Diego Masters of Bartending School
As the school name suggests, this school offers training to the students who want to pursue their careers in bartending. 8 modules are certified in the school’s industry. Students are taught about cocktails, martini techniques, layered and mixed shooters, beer, wine, craft cocktails.
Situated at the center of San Diego. The college has programs that offer a San Diego food health card, an alcohol awareness program, elite industry training, testing, and certification. The college provides all new and latest bartending technology.
A student becomes certified and receives a gold-stamped certificate once all eight modules are completed. Two exit exams and a documented minimum of twenty-five hours behind the bar time were accomplished in the school training facility.
The tuition fee of the program also includes awareness of food safety and alcohol awareness certification is $449.
Choosing the right career or a perfect trade school must always be decided by oneself. So that you can fulfill your dreams and responsibilities too. Many trade schools in San Diego offer quality training and excellent educational skills. Just go through complete research before deciding on the school.