Finding how to get paid quickly, affordable, and pain-free is an important task to do when trying to change your hobby into a recognized business. Therefore, processing payments online is significant. Over half of the world is now paying its bills online. In 2019, for the first time, the online sales stores overshadowed the sales of general merchandise.
E-commerce has transformed people’s buying and selling of goods and services and has changed the method of conducting businesses online, making payments online more accessible and affordable. PayPal is one of the ways to do so.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a recognized online payment service provider internationally. PayPal is an easy platform to get the business started and for tho who are already instituted. PayPal business account is an easy way to accept and process credit and debit cards from over 200 countries and over 25 currencies.
It works by taking a small percentage of transactions made by their platform, just like Square and Stripe. Also, it is easiest for the buyers to check and buy things from a PayPal business account. It is not necessary to have their own PayPal account. They can shop as a guest and can choose any way listed below to make their payment.
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- PayPal credit
What to do if someone hacked your account?
Change your password: If someone hacked your account, there are chances that your hacker still has your account. Please change your password as soon as possible from your PayPal account and then edit your security section. Always create a password that is not easy and obvious to guess if you want to keep your account secure. Use strong passwords that consist of letters, numbers, and symbols. Mix up the things. Make it hard for anyone to guess. Do not use any standard information and facts about yourself like birthdates and use something unique but easy to remember
- Check your account details: Check the settings and the details of your account to ensure that the hacker has not made any change to your information. It can get a little complicated for PayPal users as they link different email addresses to their accounts. You will have to go through each detail and check if they have changed or not. If there are any changes in the added details, change them quickly.
- Scan your activity log: All of your activity is logged on your account page. It is a helpful tool to track if anyone has used your account without your permission. Scan the entries on the Activity Log page and check if there is anything unusual that you don’t know.
- Check any other violation: If someone hacked your account, there are possibilities that they also targeted your other online accounts. Indeed, this happens when you make the mistake of using the same passwords for more than one account. Check all of your accounts to ensure that you can access them and change the passwords.
- Please secure your account: Make your account more secure so that it cannot get hacked. Enable security questions in your security section in the account settings. This process will help you prevent the hacker from hacking your account; even if he knows your password, he won’t get past it.
- Secure the boundaries: There is no use in making your security challenging if the hacker already knows the secrets of your account. Therefore, it is essential to scan the computer t make sure there are no unwanted visitors like Trojan horses, malware, or other viruses that the hacker might have placed in your computer without your knowledge. Use strong antiviruses to detect anything suspicious on your device. Run the software from time to time to prevent hackers.
That is what you can do if you are still able to access your PayPal account. But if you cannot access it due to any reason, like your password does not work or it shows an error message, you need to
Reacquire the control: Gaining controls of the PayPal account is manageable If you can access the associated email account. Reset the password from your email account. And then again, change the passwords after accessing your PayPal account. But if you cannot access your email account, then contact PayPal immediately.
PayPal business account is used internationally for making payments online using PayPal, Venmo, PayPal Credit, Credit cards, or Debit cards. It is the easiest and affordable method to make payments for over 200 countries and over 25 currencies. Therefore, it is essential to secure the account so that no hacker can hack it and use it against you. If someone hacked your account, you need to immediately change your passwords, check the activity log, see if there are unusual changes without your knowledge, secure the boundaries, and regain control.