United airlines lost and found policy helps thousands of travelers every day to get their lost items back. It is common for travelers to misplace their items in flight or during the process of boarding. ‘United lost and found’ team makes every possible attempt to reconnect you with your lost items. The airlines get multiple cases of lost and found on a daily basis. It is important that travelers ensure the safety of their belongings. Misplaced during check-in or in between connecting flights is the most evident event for misplacing items. This article will give every detail that travelers should know in terms of United Airlines lost and found policy
Main Highlights of United Airlines Lost And Found Policy
- If travelers misplace their items and have no leads yet, then they may write on www.chargerback.com to inform the authorities at United Airlines.
- United Airlines control the functioning of lost and found item on its own. They do not outsource other ventures for the same.
- Moreover, the airline will compensate the passengers if their authorities misplace any luggage.
- In case the items found are damaged under the supervision of authorities, the airline also compensates or fixes the damage if possible.
- The airline, when notified, will take a maximum of 30 days to revert back on the lost items.
- You might contact TSA at 1-866-289-9673 if you lost your items at the TSA security check-in.
United Airlines Lost And Found Policy: Lost in Flight
- There are very few possibilities to find the lost items in flight. However, there are some steps you may take in order to get your lost items.
- If you are still at the airport, reach the lost & found counter and notify them about the misplaced items.
- If the misplaced items are carry-on items, check the baggage area and duly notify the concerned authorities.
- When you lose something at the time of check-in and also immediately realize it, go and check at the United Airlines counter for any misplaced items.
- Moreover, if you have left the airport, call customer service at 1-800-335-2247.
- It is also important to describe the lost items in detail to the authorities
Note: The above-mentioned contact details are subject to change without any due notice to the customers as per the United airlines lost and found policy.
List of United Airlines Lost And Found Airport Centres
|Denver International Airport||Denver, Colorado||DEN||Level 5, Jeppesen Terminal|
|Newark Liberty International Airport||Newark, New Jersey||EWR||Terminal A & C|
|George Bush Intercontinental International Airport||Houston, Texas||IAH||Terminal C|
|Washington Dulles International Airport||Dulles, Virginia||IAD||Primary Terminal – Lower Level|
|O’Hare International Airport||Chicago, Illinois||ORD||Terminal 1 & 2|
|Boston Logan International Airport||Boston, Massachusetts||BOS||Terminal B200|
|San Francisco International Airport||San Francisco, California||SFO||Terminal 3, Gate F11 & E4|
|Daniel K.Inouye International Airport||Honolulu, Hawaii||HNL||Level 1 baggage claim – D, E, F, G & H|
|Los Angeles International Airport||Los Angeles, California||LAX||Terminal 7,8 & TB|
United Airlines Lost And Found Policy for Baggage Compensation
There are different guidelines on baggage compensation for domestic and international flights for United Airlines. In case the airlines declare your baggage lost under its authorities. The airline will also pay you a definite compensation amount.
Lost Baggage Compensation for Domestic Flights
- No compensation will be more than 3800 USD for any lost baggage.
- The airline might also pay you the exact value of the lost item.
- Moreover, in some cases, you are liable to get more compensation than the actual value based on certain circumstances.
- However, the compensation amount is not always the exact value of the missing item.
- It also varies depending on anonymous factors.
Lost Baggage Compensation for International Flights
- No compensation will be more than 1780 USD for any lost baggage.
- The airline might pay you the exact value of the item. However, they are not obligated to do so.
- For particular cases, you may get more compensation than the actual value.
- The Airline is not bound to give you the amount stated by you, certain measures are kept in mind for estimating the value of your lost item.
The Lost And Found United Airlines Compensation For Assistive Devices
- The airline is subject to provide compensation for any loss or damage done to your assistive devices.
- United Airlines will pay you the exact amount of the lost assistive device.
- In some cases, the Airline will give compensation for any damage done to the assisting device.
List of Basic Assistive Devices:
- Oxygen Concentrators
- Hearing Devices
- Any piece of device that assists an individual to help in his/her disability.
Note: The information given above is subject to change without any prior notice to the customers. To get the latest Information on the lost and found policy, you may visit the official website of United Airlines at www.united.com.
CHARGEBACK provides technical assistance to customers who file for lost items with United Airlines. Moreover, the assisting company does not hold any decision-making for the lost items. The final decision or compensation amount is also solely governed by the United Airlines authority.
If you lose any cash with United Airlines, there are chances that the cash might be converted into travel cards by the airline. The airline will also wait for the rightful owner to claim the amount. However, if you want the cash in its original form, you may have to prove your case.
In case of any lost item, the Airlines typically revert in 30 days (only if notified). However, there are certain rules and regulations for different cases as per the United airlines lost and found policy.
Do you Want To Explore More: